To effectively sell your property on your own, you have to market it well.
Putting up fliers and signs around your neighborhood can generate some calls, and there’s a lot of free websites where you can post information. But often just putting up flyers and an open house isn’t enough if your house doesn’t appeal to the average Phoenix home buyers.
Some of the reasons you think you don’t need a realtor would be:
- Houses in your price range in your neighborhood generally sell pretty fast as most buyers are first time owners and would love to get into your neighborhood. Of course, it needs to be priced right and you are pretty confident You have as good a pulse on our neighborhood as anyone else.
- You know how to stage a home. Having looked at hundreds of houses online over the past few months, you have a pretty good idea of what you would do to stage it right. You plan on getting a storage unit, moving out everything non-essential (tough with 2 kids < 3) and then when there’s a showing, moving all the other stuff into the garage to make the house look as staged as possible at all times.
- You can take pretty good photos. You do not need to be a professional photographer but You should have a DSLR that you are pretty good with. And having seen all the houses recently online, You can probably take better photos than 80% of listings.
- You are fine with paying a buyer’s agent their full commission.
- You need to make a punch list of cosmetic items you are going to take care of before listing the property.
If you want to avoid paying any commissions, you can also sell your Phoenix house to investors like us for CASH
We fair prices for properties – and we can close fast (in as little as 3-5 days if you need to).
Sometimes we’ll purchase Phoenix houses, fix them up, then rent them out… sometimes we’ll fix them up and sell them to other people looking for great homes in the area, and a lot of other reasons, too – but we love to hear from people like you who are thinking of selling anywhere in .
We’re investors who care a lot about Phoenix.
We close fast and pay cash in as little as just 3-5 days. Give us a call now at
Many times homeowners realize the home they are living in need a change for many reasons: Some have growing families, others need a home office and lots of having problem with home’s plumbing and electrical work. Almost of them are debating within their own heads or even aloud with other family members: should we move or remodeling to the current home ?
We have created an homeowners infographic to help you make this financial decision wisely.
As a dedicated cash home buyer in Arizona, I find many homeowners want someone to estimate the homes value and a sales price of their home, so they can determine if they owe less than the potential sales price or equity. So in my 1st post I am going to share my ideas to get an estimate of your home realistic selling price.
Here are a few handy tips to get known to your home’s worth.
- If you look on home value of real estate websites like Trulia or Zillow. Their values are to be only used as a guideline and never think that’s the end all price of a home. They’re just automated methods for calculating value. They take nothing into account except what can be seen in the public records. These websites usually takes that price, considering at the square footage as listed in the assessor’s database, and does some magic math to come up with a value. These websites having no idea of other noticeable conditions of home such as, renovations, location of the home within a zip code, School district etc.
2. Find online a local real estate agent/appraiser to tell you what they would list the house for sale at in today’s market. In fact, ask 4-5 different agents to get a general consensus. There may be a lot of fees involved in selling a house, including agent commissions and points. Ask the realtors to give you guesstimate of what closing costs would be. This will help you figure out if you would come out ahead on a sale.
3. Some people like to go FSBO (for sale by owner) route to avoid money on realtor fee or hefty commissions on transaction. If you are in a super-hot market this method can be a wise financial decision, but you will definitely want to retain the services of an attorney to handle the paperwork. Otherwise, you can find it very stressful and may be better off having an agent handle the sale because they will be able to get more exposure for the property and generally can make a transaction close much faster and smoother. Discover the pros and cons of selling it yourself.
4. Do not sign a listing agreement at the time before they do the (CMA) comparative market analysis. Thank them, tell them you will consider after you’ve reached a decision.
5. The most effective way to get estimate for actual worth of your home to go with Cash home buyers Or We buy Houses Companies in your local area. Cash home buyers are investors who are ready to pay cash fast considering other things impacting the value of your home. Comparing the price per square foot may be a good place to start, but there are many other factors buyers consider, such as layout, condition, roofing, improvements etc.
Home costs are determined by the marketplace, not by your emotional attachment or by what you are feeling your home is worth. You must work closely with a Cash home buyers who will recommend establishing a realistic price for your home. They will assist you to objectively compare the worth, features and condition of all similar homes in both your neighborhood and other similar ones which have sold out in recent months. Additionally it is necessary to be familiar with the terms of each potential sale. Terms are often as important as value in today’s market.